Trump's home raided by FBI.

He took the 5th not one or 10 or even 100 times. The mob boss took the 5th 440 times.
What difference does it make how many times someone exercises their rights?
Or are you implying exercising the right against self incrimination has some limit?

He was asinine to claim otherwise previously and was ridiculed for it... rightly so, I will add.
I'd bet you were one who ridiculed him back then for saying something so idiotic.

Are people allowed to change their minds, views, and/or opinions about topics or is that against your rules?
Are these same people required to be accountable for something said years ago for which they may have changed their views?

AG Garland just announced that the DOJ will move to unseal the warrant and list of stolen documents. This might have been prompted by the attack on an FBI office earlier today. Will Trump's lawyers fight to block this motion?

flounder.jpg

Reactions: Talga Vasternich
Doubt they'll fight unsealing the warrant. After all, they weren't even allowed a copy of the warrant during the search, which is illegal by the way. Authorities are required to provide a copy of the warrant upon request, which details what they are looking for and where they can search. You can't necessarily get the affidavit, at least not at that time, but the warrant, yes, you are entitled to a copy of that. This is supposed to happen before the actual search. (or practically speaking, as it is starting) You know, police knock on your door and enter, you request the warrant and they give you a copy right then and there. That's basically how it's supposed to shake down. That way the officers can't just search you and your property willy nilly and then change (or even obtain) the warrant later to justify all their actions and everything they took from you.

Plus, if all the warrant shows is that they went in to collect boxes of paperwork then Trump could almost put a copy of it on all his new MAGA hats, because that works in his favor. Especially since he was in fact cooperating with the national archives and the FBI with regards to how those documents were being handled. They requested the return of certain documents, he gave them those documents. They requested to see the ones he still had and where they were being kept, he showed it to them. They requested he put a padlock on the door, he put a padlock on the door. Then they raided his home and spent hours sniffing his wife's panties. :unsure:

Hillary had a series of "mysterious hard drive failures" and her home certainly wasn't raided, though I'm sure nobody wants to sniff her panties so maybe that's why. Obama ran off with 30 million documents and a pinky promise to digitize them. Care to guess how many have been digitized so far? Here's a hint, the number is one digit long and starts and ends with a zero. Biden is in a similar situation with documents from his VP days. Not to mention all that stuff with his son. Sandy Berger, who worked for the Clintons, went into the vault that contains the most highly classified documents (the kind that really deserve being kept secret), stuffed documents down his underwear and walked out with them. He got a fine and two years probation and then later served as policy advisor during Hillary's campaign.

That's what's most infuriating about this whole situation. Not necessarily the idea that Trump's home was raided. Selective enforcement of the law is a hallmark of corruption, and Trump as suffered six or seven years of ongoing constant persecution now for the crime of winning an election without being an extreme left democrat.

Reactions: KremBanan
After all, they weren't even allowed a copy of the warrant during the search, which is illegal by the way.
Stopped reading after your first blatant lie. The rest was probably just Fox "News" regurgitated lies and whatabouts.

Reactions: Noodle
It's amazing, but not surprising, how unbothered some people are about political weaponization of the justice department, FBI and IRS just because it's in favor of their team. The press secretary yesterday didn't even deny that that's what they are doing.

After exhausting every delay tactic, Trump sat for the court ordered deposition into his business shenanigans today. He invoke the 5th for every question asked.

View attachment 82498

He said that he understood why now. "'When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded, politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors, and the Fake News Media, you have no choice,' the former President stated." Link of proof. {/URL]
Yeah Trump hires only the best people.

Sounds like our not-so-good CA realtor, lol. She only knows THE BEST PEOPLE, REAL GOOD PEOPLE.

Are people allowed to change their minds, views, and/or opinions about topics or is that against your rules?
Are these same people required to be accountable for something said years ago for which they may have changed their views?

I have to agree with you, Talga. I never thought I would, but you're absolutely right. If we never changed our mind about anything, interracial marriage, same-sex marriage, segregation, etc. would have never happened. In another example: wasn't Biden one of the first people who backed Clinton's 3 Strike law? If not the first, then (at least) a definite supporter and there's old footage of him saying so? I think 25+ years later he's changed his mind (don't exact quote me on that; I may be very wrong).

From what I have been told, changing your mind can be viewed as a flip-floppy, wishy-washy thing and people/supporters don't like that. On one hand, I understand, but on the other, how TF would we get anything done?

BTW, I am NOT sticking up for Trump or anything. I'm just providing some additional info that I thought could be useful to this conversation. My naive ass thinks/really hoping that this is not a "witch hunt" and Garland is doing his job judiciously and that DOJ is not totally corrupt. Key word being naive.

He said that he understood why now. "'When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded, politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors, and the Fake News Media, you have no choice,' the former President stated." Link of proof. {/URL]

Yeah, pretty much when you've been attacked like that for six years, with the friken FBI even going so far as to use falsified evidence against you at least once that we know of, you'd be pretty stupid to do anything other than plead the fifth on every single question from now on.

Not saying the guy is an innocent orange colored angel. Far from it. But for god's sake, there are literally people out there that are so petty and filled with hate that they have made it part of their daily routine to sue the man. I'm not kidding. The way he's been treated all this time has driven more people to support him than people who actually support him because they like him. Like watching a sleezy car salesman get the crap beat out of him by a street thug. You may not like the salesman, but the thug is the one you have to fight.

From what I have been told, changing your mind can be viewed as a flip-floppy, wishy-washy thing and people/supporters don't like that. On one hand, I understand, but on the other, how TF would we get anything done?

There's changing your mind and then there's switching your position based on what you think will get you more votes. I have a really hard time believing just about anyone with a job in politics actually changed their mind on a lot of things.

Rule of thumb, if they can't or don't explain exactly why they changed their mind, it's a flip-flop.

There's changing your mind and then there's switching your position based on what you think will get you more votes. I have a really hard time believing just about anyone with a job in politics actually changed their mind on a lot of things.
I always keep in mind the axiom, "Nothing in politics happens by accident."
The raid was scheduled for a time when he would not be home and was not signed off on by Garland (who does not need to sign off, but it definitely creates the appearance of intentional deniability). The documents in question were listed on the affidavit along with their locations and could have been obtained via subponea instead of by a raid.

As you accurately assessed, those who do not like the ex-President have no issue at all with government agencies being used against him or those close to him and justify it with the same accusations they vehemently denied when Hillary was found to be using non-government servers or when Saint Faucci was found to have approved funding for gain-of-function research in Wuhan.
I wholeheartedly agree with what Leopold Stotch stated... I'm no fan of Trump.
I am also not a fan of the repeated use of governmental agencies as threats and weapons to be used against political opponents, which has become commonplace from whichever party is in control of the Presidency and/or Congress.

As far as the "pleading the 5th", the ex-President did what his lawyers told him to do, and will be exposed for doing something he previously criticized. Rightly so, as he was a short-sighted moron to criticize it originally.

Rumor is the stolen documents contain nuclear weapons secrets. That might explain the 2 billion payment the MBS sent to Jared. Starting to sound a little treasony to me.

Rumor is the stolen documents contain nuclear weapons secrets.

The source for those rumors is a Washington Post article citing anonymous sources who supposedly say that the FBI was looking for documents related to nuclear weapons. That's it.

And think about this. If that's what they were looking for, why wait to go get them until right before an election where the democrats are in a position to lose big time?

Right now it smells an awful lot like another "Russia, Russia, Russia!".

Well we will know if the Post was right later today when the court lifts the seal on the warrant. The FBI only recently knew of these documents after being alerted by a whistle-blower. Go ahead and continue to deflect and defend. If it is smelling like Russia, Russia, Russia, that may be because Trump sold this shit to them.

I am also not a fan of the repeated use of governmental agencies as threats and weapons to be used against political opponents, which has become commonplace from whichever party is in control of the Presidency and/or Congress.

Ditto. Something really concerning that I suspect many of the people celebrating the raid haven't considered is what happens when control flips back to republicans. For a very long time now, politicians on both sides went out of their way, perhaps even too much so, to avoid even the appearance of resorting to banana republic style political persecution. Sure they'd bluster and holler and chant things like "lock her up", but there's a line that they just wouldn't dare cross even when the evidence was overwhelming.

That's gone now. A new precedent has been set, and I don't think there's any going back without a complete dismantling of several agencies. The trust people once had in these institutions just doesn't exist anymore.

Well we will know if the Post was right later today when the court lifts the seal on the warrant. The FBI only recently knew of these documents after being alerted by a whistle-blower. Go ahead and continue to deflect and defend. If it is smelling like Russia, Russia, Russia, that may be because Trump sold this shit to them.

So again, a "whistle blower" comes forward just 90 days before an election where it looks like the democrats are going to lose big time? That's rather convenient and not at all suspect. :rolleyes:

Yeah like it was just a coincidink that both Comey and McCabe were two of the 5000 out of 153 million returns selected for an audit. Trump would never use a government agency to hurt one of his enemies. If you sucked Trump's **** any harder, you are going to cave in his forehead.

So again, a "whistle blower" comes forward just 90 days before an election where it looks like the democrats are going to lose big time? That's rather convenient and not at all suspect. :rolleyes:
Nah. Convenient would be 2 weeks before the election. Ask Hillary how that worked for her.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Glurin "but whatabout Obama"

US Nat Achives "shutupyoudumbshit"

August 12, 2022, statement

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.

Try to find a post where Glurin wasn't completely full of shit.
Well he has no problem defending a guy who attempted a coup. A little treason isn't going to sway his opinion. He is all in now just like 73 million other Americans. The Russians got an amazing return on their investment.

Trump just said that he declassified all the stolen documents that the FBI planted.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium