Bugs and performance

PCGeek

May 15, 2020
Reading a lot of people with problems today. I have to admit that within 5 minutes of starting I was getting all kinds of weird mouse jumping in the character creator. Had to just give up and go with what was selected. Couldn't keep the mouse on a selection before it jumped away to the the of the menu. Really annoying. Only just started the prologue so will see how the perfomance is once in the streets.

I have had some terrible tearing on one PC. It's the same spec as my other PC exactly, same monitor everything and with the same settings set in-game. It's really, really weird.

I must admit on this 2070 GPU it's running like crap. Tried lots of different things and in busy areas it's really struggling. In combat FPS really dropping as well. Not really sure what else to do with it.

Do you think that some of those problems may be server related and not your hardware? I read today that a new steam record was broken with this game. More than a million simultaneous players at once.

OK! I sussed it out. Wrote up what I did in the latest post on the site. Running smooth as silk now.

Ok, now do xbox and ps4. 20-30 fps sucks.

I read this morning that some PS4 players have asked for and received refunds from Sony.

below 30 is not acceptable
game clearly needs better hardware than those consoles can provide

I think it's mainly console owners that are having the issues on FPS on older hardware which is kind of to be expected.

I think it's mainly console owners that are having the issues on FPS on older hardware which is kind of to be expected.
Older hardware? The hardware was current best available up to a couple weeks ago and will be for a few months until supplies of the next gen consoles catches up with demand.

What I mean is there was no way the last-gen was going to offer the same performance as the new consoles. Why gamers expected it to have all the bells and whistles as the PC or new consoles is odd. The videos they released for PS4 and Xbox One looked like crap.

Ill try it with my stuff rx 580+ intel 7500 cpu ,just need to make enough space for the install on my ssd :(

Okay played it for 1-2 hours, gpu is running at max and produces about 40fps , playable but little more would be better. Ill tweek it a little to see if i can get it to 60fps.

I have a new one tonight.

For some reason when I'm running I keep veering off to the left like I'm drunk. I thought I might have some food stuck in my keyboard (wouldn't be the first time) but no.

I have rebooted but still staggering left. Small bug but really annoying after a while.

Speed of the game is okay for me. I thought it wouldn't be with all that I'm reading about issues with that.

Last edited:
I have a new one tonight.

For some reason when I'm running I keep veering off to the left like I'm drunk. I thought I might have some food stuck in my keyboard (wouldn't be the first time) but no.

I have rebooted but still staggering left. Small bug but really annoying after a while.

Speed of the game is okay for me. I thought it wouldn't be with all that I'm reading about issues with that.
One leg is obviously shorter than the other. You need to purchase lifts for your left shoe.

This game is just too buggy in its current state :(
turn around and the npcs just disappear
cops spawning in with a teleport ,stops chasing you if you duck behind a box or something , not okay at all

There has been a lot of improvement in the game since the first hotfix. The latest hotfix has also made significant improvement in the game and there is another hotfix is expected to come this month which will make the game even better. CDPR certainly has the capability and capacity to turn this game into a masterpiece and match the success of The Witcher 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems I made the right call in not buying it right away. I know it's likely going to be fixed up eventually, but these days I find it difficult to justify $60 for a brand new title. Especially after dodging the bullet that was Fallout 76. Kinda hoping that I can maybe get it on sale this summer and that it will be mostly fixed up by then.