SPF Goals & Objectives for 2024

• Like last year: finish ten more characters in my "maxed skills" grail. (Five are under way. Then start and pat/mat five more.)
  • Find (or cube) half (at least 16) of the remaining 27 items that I need to complete my "single-socket items" grail collection.
Yesterday, I completed the five characters that were well under way, which achieved a 7x7+2 "sept sept." Also, arrived at grail -30, and at single-socket -16.

Reactions: ziambe and PhineasB
Quarterly check-in on my 2024 goals. Things are going quite well! I have continued to focus on improvements and fine-tunings of my favourite characters. It's been months since I created a new character, which is unusual for me. But it hasn't taken away from my enjoyment of the game or caused me to play less.

I made some progress on Torches in January. That initiative has been on the backburner more recently, but I'll get back to Torch farming soon enough. I will be satisfied with one more Barb Torch, one more Pally Torch, and two Amazon Torches. (Still yet to get even one Zon Torch 😐)

10 out of my squad of 13 most played characters have reached level 90, and I feel like most of them are very complete in terms of the gear and skill builds, though there is always some tinkering to do around the edges. The 3 stragglers are all level 87-89, so they are close. Each of them will see at least a few hours of TZ time during RFL.

As for Tokens: I got a bit bored farming Baal for his Essences, so that is stalled... but I did manage 4 out of 10 Tokens thus far. And I've only need to use 1, so there isn't a burning need for more.

I'm going to try this month to share some write-ups about my favourite characters and builds. Watch out for a "little birdy's Hall of Fame" thread coming soon-ish! 😎

Came back after a lengthy break of 11 years and I have one goal:
  • Level another Baal runner to 98
Probably another Fishymancer. Last one had/has a Beast IG, now I'm planning the gear based on an Infinity IG.

Dual Dream Zealot is another option if the Infinity IG doesn't pass evaluation.

Came back after a lengthy break of 11 years and I have one goal:
  • Level another Baal runner to 98
Probably another Fishymancer. Last one had/has a Beast IG, now I'm planning the gear based on an Infinity IG.

Dual Dream Zealot is another option if the Infinity IG doesn't pass evaluation.

wohoa and I thought I had a long break of 4 years :)

My goals for 2024 are
- Compete in RFL 2024 (in progress)
- Play UT99er zeal/smite paladin to level 99 in D2R doing terror zones and Nila. Also farm an Anni charm and pala torch with him.
- Start a new UT99er in D2R to get the full experience of the "new" game. No idea what yet, not a melee char for sure :D Maybe sorc or amazon.

Reactions: ziambe
Welcome back @Tupsi - Now there is a name from the distant past!
Infinity IG is brave. If I did it, it would last 5 mins.

I'm a bit late to the party, but here's what I have in mind for this year:

1. Compete in RFL and MFO
2. Get UT 99er to 98
3. Finish one Mat/Pat each month

#3 is my idea for a low-stakes goal to finishing character builds and keeping things fresh. I recently finished a Kicker, which was a blast to play, and have a decent number of characters needing to be finished off.

Next year I may have more definitive goals for getting closer to finishing the S/U grail and runeword grail, as well as trying out more out-of-the-ordinary builds (and likely some sort of BOTD sept now). This year is still focused on getting more area runners completed for farming specific targets.

Welcome back @Tupsi - Now there is a name from the distant past!
Infinity IG is brave. If I did it, it would last 5 mins.
Thanks! Nice to see familiar names still around :) IIRC I leveled my necromancer to 96 or 97 with Kelpie Snare IG just to test if I can keep an IG alive for hundreds of runs. No poofs and no deaths so I went for the Beast IG. I got to say that I don’t take the character anywhere else except the Throne room because it’s the only place I’ve tested so extensively and also because it is so controlled. If I wanted to start running some other target I would have to do some hundred runs there first with another necromancer and a sacrificial IG to test it out.

wohoa and I thought I had a long break of 4 years :)
Hehe, an olympiad, a decade, still funny how short the years feel and how it's like coming back home 🙂

Hehe, an olympiad, a decade, still funny how short the years feel and how it's like coming back home 🙂

Welcome back, @Tupsi! I literally used those exact words when I made my re-introduction post. It would be difficult to explain to someone who hasn't grown up with this game and this forum, but it really is like home.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High