Random Tournament 2022!

Awesome job @Grisu! and thank you for the amazing write-ups and inspiration. I have been thinking of a single-pass character...not sure yet which one may be a barbarian in a different tournament. Do you do full clears as well? evil urns, all quests, etc...

Sister_Ariel lvl 61 and preparing for NM ancients.

Reactions: Grisu and Vang
Congratulations @Grisu ! Impressive feat with a melee character ! As per usual I get going on my tourneys once there is a winner :D

Been working a lot this past month and a half, so I just managed to clear Act 2 Normal today. Playthrough was slow and boring.
I was supporting my merc who got himself a nice savage bill once we got the cube. I was impaling stuff which needed to die faster with my big slow stick.
Very safe with some use of passive skills. Decoy became available at level 18, and we will be making heavy use of it in the coming acts.
I chickened out and lowered the players setting to 1 for Duriel. Ex post it didn't seem necessary.

Some finds along the way (damn I can't use the Bloodfists which dropped twice):

Screenshot084.png
Screenshot083.png
Screenshot081.png
Screenshot085.png

currently rocking 123/141 (on merc kill) MF and sitting at a sliver before level 29

Meninore the Impaleazon (for the time being), level 28 in Kurast Docks

Code:
 D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     87     121       Guardian                18
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     85      59       Hell Panda Fortress     15
   Yes gregth            The Reckless         Nec     56      64       NM River Of Flame        8
SP No  PhineasB          Randi                Ass     56     104       NM Palace                7
   Yes Dazliare          Kaltrexia            Sor     32     113       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes Nona              Sister_Ariel         Sor     ??     153       Panda Fortress           3
SP Yes Oblivious         Meninore             Ama     28     263       Kurast Docks             2
   Yes little birdy      hiepsi               Pal     22     208       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Babyhell          Saraya               Sor     19     237       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Irenicus          Norman               Pal     17      38       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes m4ke              Random_Sorc          Sor     17     223       Lut Gholein              1
   No  Arjan             ???                  Bar     17      34       Outer Cloister           0
   Yes djmbbandie        Kat                  Ass     16      80       Black Marsh              0
SP Yes Miron             Quan Chi             Nec      1      30       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes coju              ???                  Bar      1       5       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vildecor          ???                  Pal      1      77       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes AntiRush          ???                  Nec      1     169       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes djmbbandie        ???                  Dru      1     185       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Jcakes            ???                  Ass      1     195       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vang              ???                  Sor      1     199       Rogue Encampment         0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our departed                                                           Died against/in
   Yes AntiRush          RandomI              Ass     61       9       Hell Flayer Jungle      12
   Yes little birdy      lenna                Sor     24      59       Normal Diablo            3
   Yes Vang              Terror               Nec     ??      17       NM Arcane Sacntuary      6
   Yes little birdy      lennatwo             Sor     19      59       Jungle Act III           2
   Yes djmbbandie        Grim                 Nec     20     157       Catacombs                0
   Yes Arc1212           Random               Ama     27      81       Act V                    4
   Yes Arc1212           Bones                Nec     14     161       Act I Barracks           0
SP Yes Jcakes            Hephaestus           Pal     48+     18       NM Cold Crow             6
   Yes Vang              RagerX               Bar     ??     141       The Ancient's Way        4
   Yes little birdy      artemia              Ama     50     146       NM Durance of Hate       7
   Yes Arc1212           Crash                Bar     32     177       Baal's Throne Room       4
   Yes m4ke              Random_Pala          Pal     73      44       Hell Jail Level 2       10

Reactions: Grisu, Vang and Zyr
Do you do full clears as well? evil urns, all quests, etc...
I do indeed! I explore every corner and open all evil urns, await all resurrections from Prowling Dead etc. usually I do single pass full clears at p8 in Normal and NM and at p3 in Hell.

I picked up my Ability sept scroll again after Medea, and it is astonishing to see, how much faster full clears are at p1 though than at p8 (Due to tournament rules, I am not (yet) allowed to use a higher player setting). I will see how that works out in regards to how easy it will be to finish the game. Might be an option if gameplay gets too tedious at p8 (or p3 in Hell).

Sister_Ariel has cleared NM. Ancients were pretty easy, even the merc survived with some help, and no real trouble with Baal. I am not sure what I plan to do for gearing up. Resists and health are a big issue. I would like to do something like spirit/rhyme or maybe Tal's orb to get some CM and FM as those are locked for me. Running NM meph is a pain. I have been doing NM pindle but I cant really safely handle anything above P1 at any speed, and thus leveling is a little slow. Still, I am alive and kicking LVL 63.

Also had a fun TC3 from NM meph

Attachments

• Screenshot057.png
    Screenshot057.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot058.png
    Screenshot058.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Grisu
@Grisu, way to go! Single-pass full clear phoenix striker is just so much more difficult than a sorc with partially synergized blizzard and CM; that takes real skill and patience to pull off! I know back in the day Jiansonz tried a bunch of tournament phoenix strikers but I don't remember if any of them made it to guardian, so extra kudus! Having Medea to play along with really kept me excited to keep going.

Sorrow was picked back up in the Pandemonium Fortress. We had a really easy monster roll in the Outer Steppes, so I swapped the Lionheart out for the jewelers MF armor. We got another Angelic ring to drop, but otherwise came up empty on the goods. It was smooth sailing all the way through the RoF. Izual went down easier in Hell than in the previous difficulties.
Screenshot017.png

I decided to upgrade Hazade's Wormskull to a grim helm just because. I don't imagine we will be finding him an upgrade at this point anyways. It may get socketed as well and get the 40ED Ruby jewel we found if no weapon upgrade can be scrounged up.
Screenshot018.png

Hephaesto had blessed aim and wasn't a problem at all. The Hellforge dropped a Pul. I was hoping so badly for an Um to make CoH, but at least Pul is half of one. There's still a chance we can get to the Um we need. I've got 2 Lems stashed, so either another Lem or a Pul (or a straight Um) would do it. Come on RNG!
Screenshot020.png

We kept it at P3 in the CS, then did P7 for Vizual, P1 for DeSeis, and P5 for Infector. The fights were all pretty easy, including DeSeis who was both FI/CI but ran into a corner right away so Hazade could pin him without any issues. We hit level 86 fighting Infector.
Screenshot021.png
Screenshot022.png

Diablo was a mostly easy fight, except for poor Hazade who bit it immediately even though he was faded. Sorrow slivered him with Blizzard, then went to town and swapped in our MF gear. Upon returning to the CS Diablo immediately trapped Sorrow in a bone prison, which was really scary since our resists with MF gear on are very much in the negatives. A quick swap to the War Staff to TP out and Diablo fell, dropping decently. The Visceraunt could be used, but likely would need to be socketed to make up for losing the resists from Rhyme.
Screenshot023.png

Before starting Act 5 I muled in a 4 socket superior ancient armor we found in the NM cows and the gems we need to cube Lems and Puls just in case we get lucky.

Sorrow is level 86, and we'll see if she makes it to 87. I anticipate going down to P1 for most of Act5 just to finish it out.

Code:
 D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     87     121       Guardian                18
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     86      59       Harrogath               16
   Yes gregth            The Reckless         Nec     56      64       NM River Of Flame        8
SP No  PhineasB          Randi                Ass     56     104       NM Palace                7
   Yes Dazliare          Kaltrexia            Sor     32     113       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes Nona              Sister_Ariel         Sor     ??     153       Panda Fortress           3
SP Yes Oblivious         Meninore             Ama     28     263       Kurast Docks             2
   Yes little birdy      hiepsi               Pal     22     208       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Babyhell          Saraya               Sor     19     237       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Irenicus          Norman               Pal     17      38       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes m4ke              Random_Sorc          Sor     17     223       Lut Gholein              1
   No  Arjan             ???                  Bar     17      34       Outer Cloister           0
   Yes djmbbandie        Kat                  Ass     16      80       Black Marsh              0
SP Yes Miron             Quan Chi             Nec      1      30       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes coju              ???                  Bar      1       5       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vildecor          ???                  Pal      1      77       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes AntiRush          ???                  Nec      1     169       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes djmbbandie        ???                  Dru      1     185       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Jcakes            ???                  Ass      1     195       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vang              ???                  Sor      1     199       Rogue Encampment         0

Our departed                                                           Died against/in
   Yes AntiRush          RandomI              Ass     61       9       Hell Flayer Jungle      12
   Yes little birdy      lenna                Sor     24      59       Normal Diablo            3
   Yes Vang              Terror               Nec     ??      17       NM Arcane Sacntuary      6
   Yes little birdy      lennatwo             Sor     19      59       Jungle Act III           2
   Yes djmbbandie        Grim                 Nec     20     157       Catacombs                0
   Yes Arc1212           Random               Ama     27      81       Act V                    4
   Yes Arc1212           Bones                Nec     14     161       Act I Barracks           0
SP Yes Jcakes            Hephaestus           Pal     48+     18       NM Cold Crow             6
   Yes Vang              RagerX               Bar     ??     141       The Ancient's Way        4
   Yes little birdy      artemia              Ama     50     146       NM Durance of Hate       7
   Yes Arc1212           Crash                Bar     32     177       Baal's Throne Room       4
   Yes m4ke              Random_Pala          Pal     73      44       Hell Jail Level 2       10

Congrats on completing @Grisu !! I know I am late to the party but going HC for my single player D2R so this would be a fun way to get started up again. Someone want to roll me up a complete random? Thanks!

Before venturing out into the foothills I crafted 7 caster amulets hoping for something better than the magic +3Cold/12PDR amulet but came up empty. Act 5 is always an adventure with the random guest monster rolls; I went down to P1 early in the Bloody Foothills when Hazade kept getting stomped by boss packs of the tree guys.

This particular boss was real dangerous. His arrows packed a punch and I was having a hard time getting to a spot where I could get Meteor to cast on him. It's annoying that the boss can shoot arrows over the rockwall that Hazade is bravely stuck on but Sorrow can't cast Meteor over it. We eventually got all the minions down, then I telestomped him so Hazade could engage. Once that was done he dropped pretty quickly to a few meteors.
Screenshot024.png

I always like seeing interesting S/U, so having an Ondals drop was pretty cool. I don't see that one very often.
Screenshot025.png

Abaddon was a royal pain. CI amp witches with Horror Archers with poison damage that is brutal. The witches just don't stay still very long so Meteor isn't as effective. It took a couple merc resurrections, a bunch of trips to town for pots, and almost a full set of TP charges to clear it out.

We didn't roll gloams in the Frozen River, but did get more CI amp witches. Meteor is poewrful but it can't be cast on the witches when they go hang out over the river sections, so we had to lure them back onto solid ground. They'd usually stay there right until a Meteor was about to drop and then run back into the river...

Frozenstein was taken out all by himself.
Screenshot027.png

We finally found one of the items I'd been hoping to see all game when Aldurs boots dropped in the Drifter Cavern. These replaced the crafted boots we'd been wearing for a long time now, and I was able to adjust some charms to make up for losing some CR.
Screenshot028.png

Hazade has been using the same Eth Partizan insight since early NM because we haven't found anything better. I finally got a grey Giant Thresher to drop, and it already had 4 sockets, so I raced back to the stash thinking how much more powerful Hazade would be now with a new Insight in an elite polearm...
Screenshot029.png

I guess it's a testament to the power of the Eth Partizan that it still does more damage than a regular Giant Thresher, but also goes to show just how overpowered Insight can be early in the game. Hazade doesn't need a weapon upgrade for something that was put together in early NM, but it would have been nice.

I've had lots of trouble finding 4 socket armors this play-through, but it turns out they were all just stored in the Halls of Anguish where we found 4 separate 4 socket Ancient Armors on that one level alone.

The Halls of Pain started fine with just blowdart flayers, but then the game decided we had not seen quite enough Greater Mummies yet... So annoying, and I expect to see them again in the WSK just to rub it in one last time.
Screenshot016.png

However, I quickly forgot about my annoyance with them when I finished clearing out this section of the Halls of Pain.
Screenshot019.png

What a double-drop!!!!!! There wasn't a boss or champ pack in there, just some normal flayer guys and 2 regular night lords. We immediately went to town to do some serious re-gear work. I love the shared stash in D2R, so nice to be able to keep a supply of things available from within the game so you don't have to exit and then deal with running through previously cleared areas or waiting to find a good stopping point (which really don't exist in Act 5).

Getting ready (after cubing the 2 Pul runes):
Screenshot031.png

This might be the first Ancient Armor CoH I've ever seen, which is pretty sweet! It will be getting a personalization as soon as Nihl is down.
Screenshot033.png

I used a respec after creating the CoH since I also wanted to be able to use the brand new Verdungos as well. It's such a rare tourney drop and is something Sorrow can actually wear that I felt it needed to be equipped. It also rolled 40Vit/12DR, so pretty great. I didn't change any skill point allocations, those all went back to where they had been. Just re-did Str/Dex to get enough to wear everything and get back to 50% block after losing dex from the Lionheart and the crafted boots that got replaced by Aldurs. Note that the image above with the CoH was taken after the respec was completed.

We then proceeded to go back and clear out the rest of the Halls. Nihl got Hazade a few times since he was cursed, but Sorrow was able to pull most of his minions to one side and kill them there, then come back from the other side to get to Nihl since there weren't any corpses around. Nihl wasn't FI or CI, so he dropped real quick (and only dropped gold for our troubles...)

After clearing the Halls I did a final gear swap. Hazade had his Wormskull socketed with the 40ED jewel, which resulted in almost 300 extra damage per hit. I also swapped in Bloodfists to replace the rare MF/resists gloves since I didn't need the res anymore. This gets us over the 42FHR breakpoint and replaces some of the life we lost when losing Lionheart. Sorrow has some really nice bonus stats now: 45 FHR, 19 iPDR, 18 iMDR, 20% DR, 15% Fire Absorb.

As promised, the CoH got personalized!
Screenshot034.png

We've full cleared through the Glacial Trail and so only have a few areas left to go; I expect to be done this weekend!

Amazing progress. I recall that @jiansonz had a double Fortitude single pass tourney character (will need to look that up), but I don't recall ever seeing a CoH single pass. Looking forward to the final stage of the journey!

@Norcim: jiansonz made at least two Phoenix Striker guardians according to the guardian thread, but I recall him saying that she was one of his favourite tournament characters because she could deal with everything and utilize most weapon, e.g. Crushflange against bosses, and still make use of Phoenix Strike.

Great progress and OMG on the CoH!!! Please stay alive, you hear me?! (y) :oops:

Congrats on completing @Grisu !! I know I am late to the party but going HC for my single player D2R so this would be a fun way to get started up again. Someone want to roll me up a complete random? Thanks!

@CaseyJones completely random (6) Paladin

Skills:
1: Prayer
2: Resist Fire
5: Cleansing
6: Resist Lightning
8: Meditation
14: Blessed Aim
20: Conviction
26: Vengenace
30: Fist of Heavens

Weapons:
fixed rolls:
Grand Scepter (Scepter) (2)
Giant Sword (Sword) (11)

random rolls:
Long Battle Bow (3 Bows -> 6)
War Scepter (4 Scepters -> 3)
Kris (10 Daggers -> 3)

Armor:

Helms
Mask
Great Helm

Body
Ring Mail (5)
Plate Mail (12)
Gothic Plate (13)

Belt
Belt (3)
Heavy Belt (4)

Boots
Chain Boots (3)
Light Plated Boots (4)

Gloves
Chain Gloves (3)
Gauntlets (5)

Shields
Small Shield (2)
Spiked Shield (5)

Paladin Shields
Rondache (2)
Aerin Shield (4)

Well...looks like an avenger??? Really not much else there, is it? Good luck, have fun, and stay alive! :)

Oh, and if you really want it completely random: Your random merc would be a Act V Barbarian (Frenzy).

Last edited:
@Norcim: jiansonz made at least two Phoenix Striker guardians according to the guardian thread, but I recall him saying that she was one of his favourite tournament characters because she could deal with everything and utilize most weapon, e.g. Crushflange against bosses, and still make use of Phoenix Strike.

Great progress and OMG on the CoH!!! Please stay alive, you hear me?! (y) :oops:

@CaseyJones completely random (6) Paladin

Skills:

Weapons:
fixed rolls:
Giant Sword (Sword) (11)

random rolls:
Kris (10 Daggers -> 3)

Armor:

Helms
Mask
Great Helm

Body
Ring Mail (5)
Plate Mail (12)
Gothic Plate (13)

Belt
Belt (3)
Heavy Belt (4)

Boots
Chain Boots (3)
Light Plated Boots (4)

Gloves
Chain Gloves (3)
Gauntlets (5)

Shields
Small Shield (2)
Spiked Shield (5)

Paladin Shields
Rondache (2)
Aerin Shield (4)

Well...looks like an avenger??? Really not much else there, is it? Good luck, have fun, and stay alive! :)

Oh, and if you really want it completely random: Your random merc would be a Act V Barbarian (Frenzy).
Thank you @Grisu! Yeah, Likely avenger...maybe with weak FoH for style...those are higher skills so plenty of time to figure it out :) Looks like somewhat viable rolls though so that's promising :)

Code:
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     86      59       Harrogath               16
SP Yes CaseyJones        Smurf                Pal      1     271       Rogue Encampment         0

Last edited:
Saraya, the shouting non-Barbarian "walking" sorceress is now at the Pandemonium Fortress

Hey, longtime no see! Could play her a bit today, so here we go :)

After defeating Duriel...
05TIp63l.png

...she "walked" (thanks to her Teleport staff) through the jungle, drinking blue pots. On her way to Mephisto, nothing really interesting was found nor happened (maybe this lucky sewer's map run?), as it was a /p1 session, positionning and supporting the merc was the duty, using the point in Static field vs Council and Mephisto.

So, apart this rare amulet from the temple that may not be put in use, and the Ormus' quest rare ring, again the boss drop wasn't that great. Would still be nice for a pally, but not for her.
yyvbLm4l.png

Well, see you next time!

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          Saraya               Sor     21     237       Pandemonium Fortress     3
SP Yes CaseyJones        Smurf                Pal      1     271       Rogue Encampment         0

Reactions: PhineasB
After the gear swapping we were down to 70MF, but in the Frozen Tundra and Ancients Way we had the following two nice unique drops. Funny how MF works sometimes.
Screenshot035.png
Screenshot036.png

I really appreciated being back at 50% CTB and having all the damage reduction modifiers in the Ancients Way. We rolled 3 CI monster types, one of which was Spike Fiends. They are just so hard for me to see so I typically get hit way more against them than almost anything else because I don't notice they are around.

The drop party continued in the Icy Cellar, where we score a 1 socket Heaven's Light and a Hexfire. Made up for having to fight both CI and PI amp witches in here. If Sorrow had gone down the melee/Enchant path Heavens Light would have been one of our most desired items.
Screenshot037.png

I loaded up a bunch of extra pots on the summit, then triggered the Ancients. I was planning on fighting them first roll unless they were all FI/CI, and we got an OK set of mods so I went for it even though Madawc was cursed. We used the TP charges liberally and separated out Talic first, who was the only one not CI. He went down fairly easy to Blizzard, but Hazade did need 2 full rejuvs when he caught some damaging WWs.
Screenshot038.png

I then spent a bunch of time trying to separate the other two. I finally got Madawc on his own with 10 TP charges left in the staff, and he went down to Meteor. Hazade could tank him without issue even while cursed.
Screenshot039.png

I let the Amp wear off from Hazade and then when to finish Korlic, who also went down to Meteor once he decided to stop leaping and just fight it out hand to hand with Hazade. All in all it really wasn't too bad once we were able to separate them. Sorrow hit level 87 on the kill.
Screenshot040.png

Sorrow has been, by far, my luckiest character! If only we were playing here in the MF tourney that's about to start. Pretty sure Boneflame scores pretty high, and it rolled +3 to boot!
Screenshot041.png

WSK1 had CI amp witches (again...), Zealots, and Hierophants. At least the witches can't run over a river where I can't hit them with Meteor here. WSK2 had Horrow Mages, Fiends, and Soul Killers, so that level was super easy. WSK3 had Doom Knights/OKs, Death Lords, and Rancid Defilers. So also pretty smooth sailing, though I did lose Hazade when he got Amped by an OK and then we ran into a might enchanted pack of Death Lords. Hazade dropped instantly, but I had gotten a blizzard off before they got to him which killed most of the minions so Sorrow could pull pack without being overrun.

The Throne had Dark Lords, Dolls, and Souls. Figured I'd have to face souls at some point, but though we hit 3 boss packs none of them rolled conviction and so we were never in real danger.

The waves were super easy. I lost Hazade to wave 3, but when I got back from resurrecting him the last blizzard I had cast before TPing out had killed everyone. I managed to grab a shot of Lister but almost missed it because they all died so quickly. Anyone whose ever played a blizzard sorc knows that things that aren't CI die quickly if the shards actually hit, and large footprint monsters especially don't stand a chance.
Screenshot042.png

Baal took a bit and was annoying because he kept casting his clone, but he wasn't dangerous. Took a number of pots to finally bring him down but I had a huge stash of full rejuvs saved so we just burned through most of those. The final Baal drop wasn't impressive, but I didn't feel like swapping in the MF gear for the final hit so we weren't expecting much with only 70MF.
Screenshot043.png

We then took a quick spin through the cows to complete the game.
Screenshot044.png

And with that, Sorrow has completed her journey! Single-pass, full clears, no monsters left alive! All quests and WPs completed, except we didn't use the NM socket or personalization rewards.

Name: Sorrow
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 1270152067
Level: 87

Naked/Gear
Strength: 100/120
Dexterity: 148/151
Vitality: 242/282
Energy: 35/61
HP: 650/985
Mana: 207/207
Stamina: 392/731
Defense: 37/717
AR: 690/705

Fire: 222/182/122
Cold: 157/117/57
Lightning: 192/152/92
Poison: 175/135/75

MF: 70 Block: 50
GF: 158 FR/W: 40
FHR: 45 IAS: 10
FCR: 0

Fire Bolt: 1/4
Warmth: 1/4
Inferno: 1/4
Blaze: 1/4
Fire Ball: 1/4
Fire Wall: 1/4
Enchant: 1/4
Meteor: 20/26
Fire Mastery: 16/19
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 0/0
Telekinesis: 0/0
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 0/0
Thunder Storm: 0/3
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 0/0

Ice Bolt: 20/26
Frozen Armor: 0/0
Frost Nova: 1/7
Ice Blast: 1/7
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 1/7
Blizzard: 20/28
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 12/18

Ocher Ring of Fortune
Ring
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x166c635b
Item Level: 63
Version: Resurrected
Lightning Resist +20%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Glacial Amulet of Life Everlasting
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xfe07d62b
Item Level: 60
+3 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
Damage Reduced by 12

Dwarf Star
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc7bb6e17
Item Level: 85
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
+15 Fire Absorb
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Aldur's Advance
Battle Boots
Defense: 46
Durability: 10 of 18
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x14035399
Item Level: 88
Indestructible
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+50 to Life
+180 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 32%
Fire Resist +42%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Mithril Coil
Defense: 126
Durability: 11 of 16
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x39d68605
Item Level: 84
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+92% Enhanced Defense
+40 to Vitality
Replenish Life +11
+119 Maximum Stamina
Damage Reduced by 12%

Sorrow's Chains of Honor
Superior Ancient Armor
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 432
Durability: 46 of 60
Required Strength: 100
Fingerprint: 0xf26c10c4
Item Level: 64
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+85% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Lore
Bone Helm
OrtSol
Defense: 35
Durability: 20 of 40
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x458cc779
Item Level: 65
+1 to All Skills
+10 to Energy
Lightning Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 7
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Bloodfist
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 18
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xf84bedfa
Item Level: 21
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+5 to Minimum Damage
+19% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
+40 to Life

War Staff of Teleportation
War Staff
Two Hand Damage: 12 - 28
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x45072789
Item Level: 89
Level 5 Teleport (43/48 Charges)

Sorrow's Raven Song
Smoked Sphere
One Hand Damage: 4 - 16
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x522043c
Item Level: 79
+6 to Maximum Damage
Adds 30 - 83 Fire Damage
Adds 15 - 33 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Thunder Storm (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
+16 to Energy
+30 to Life
Fire Resist +48%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Wrath

Ruby Jewel of Wrath
Jewel
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0xe8714cb0
Item Level: 66
+6 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +27%

Rhyme
Superior Tower Shield
ShaelEth
Defense: 23
Chance to Block: 44
Durability: 61 of 69
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 75
Fingerprint: 0xd5351f80
Item Level: 31
+40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
Cannot Be Frozen
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune

Skull Collector
Rune Staff
Two Hand Damage: 24 - 58
Durability: 35 of 50
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x4a5f6757
Item Level: 59
+2 to All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 20%
+20 to Mana after each Kill
87% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)

Scintillating Amulet of Fortune
Amulet
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x82065eed
Item Level: 35
All Resistances +15
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Jeweler's Ancient Armor of Equilibrium
Ancient Armor
Defense: 227
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 100
Fingerprint: 0x7863aeec
Item Level: 80
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
92% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz
Socketed: Flawless Topaz

Gemmed Death Mask
Death Mask
Defense: 79
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xceb8360e
Item Level: 49
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3 Sockets (3 used)

Entropy Knot
Ring
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xbc2bb069
Item Level: 49
10% Chance to cast level 3 Nova when struck
+18 to Attack Rating
+3 to Energy
+38 to Mana
Lightning Resist +25%
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xaf0a86f0
Item Level: 66
Cold Resist +11%

Ocher Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xddfe5334
Item Level: 31
+1 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +7%

Lapis Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6ff66571
Item Level: 19
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +6%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xb057c8ba
+19 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x18c274a
+1 to Dexterity
All Resistances +3

Coral Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x8a36059b
Item Level: 50
Lightning Resist +9%

Emerald Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x3ae31029
Poison Resist +11%

Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xc6b89df1
Item Level: 58
+14 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa38d5ee3
Item Level: 84
+20 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xfd9949d1
+15 to Life

Viridian Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9b290884
Item Level: 83
+14 to Life
Poison Resist +6%

Crimson Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x3097ca75
Item Level: 83
+31 to Life
Fire Resist +6%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6488d2ef
Item Level: 55
+14 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x41c797e8
Item Level: 61
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resistances +3

Viridian Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x124b0969
Item Level: 24
Poison Resist +7%
8% Extra Gold from Monsters

Lapis Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7de98929
Item Level: 22
Cold Resist +7%

Jade Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x133bfc58
Item Level: 36
+16 to Life
Poison Resist +25%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x409a5915
+15 to Life

Lapis Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6e0d15c1
Item Level: 24
Cold Resist +7%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf5d7c4f2
+17 to Life

Name: Hazade
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: HolyFreeze-Nightmare
Experience: 80011808
Level: 87
Dead?: unknown

Naked/Gear
Strength: 194/199
Dexterity: 157/162
HP: 1910/1910
Defense: 1402/1732
AR: 2000/386000

Fire: 154/114/54
Cold: 184/144/84
Lightning: 154/114/54
Poison: 179/139/79

Treachery
Superior Russet Armor
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 270
Durability: 28 of 30
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 97
Fingerprint: 0x2e94038d
Item Level: 52
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+11% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

Wormskull
Grim Helm
Defense: 60
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xe9d609a3
Item Level: 42
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
40% Enhanced Damage
Adds 80 Poison Damage Over 8 Secs (200 Frames)
5% Life stolen per hit
+10 to Mana
Poison Resist +25%
Required Level +5
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel

Ruby Jewel
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x807c70f0
40% Enhanced Damage

Insight
Partizan
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 166 - 365
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 103
Required Dexterity: 57
Fingerprint: 0x2a40d473
Item Level: 40
Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
226% Enhanced Damage
192% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+4 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

This was a really fun tournament, thanks to everyone who participated! Special shoutouts to:
@Grisu, the friendly competition made it a lot more fun
@Vang, for hosting and for rolling me up such a powerful character

I'll be working on a Guardian thread with more thoughts and details sometime in the next few days. Good luck to everyone still playing, and any one who wants to join in new; it's a blast!

Code:
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     87      63       Guardian                18
   Yes Babyhell          Saraya               Sor     21     237       Pandemonium Fortress     3

@Norcim: Wow, awesome! Huge congratulations and thank you for the detailed write-ups! I enjoyed them very much! This has to be the first Ancient Armor CoH ever 😂 so great that you went for it!

Also, very good use of the Teleport Staff (y) seems risky to take the cursed roll on the Ancients and I am glad it worked out for you!

And quite the awesome drops, too! That succubus skull would have been very good for the MF tournament, indeed! Hope your luck carries over to the MF tourney!

Reactions: Vang
Wow! Grats on a fine finish @Norcim !

As for my entry, about 12% through Act 2 normal...will post a more detailed write up over the weekend.

Smurf, the random Avenger Paladin, had a sluggish start. With many of the rolls for usable gear being a bit further up on the level scale (16+ ish) he battled the evil in the world with his starter gear for much of the way. No matter! He is a force to be reckoned with, well, er...perhaps one day as these awesome rolls by @Grisu will allow for quite a nice end game gear (RNG willing) and reasonably synergized build.

completely random (6) Paladin - Smurf

Skills:

Weapons:
fixed rolls:
Giant Sword (Sword) (11)

random rolls:
Kris (10 Daggers -> 3)

Armor:

Helms
Mask
Great Helm

Body
Ring Mail (5)
Plate Mail (12)
Gothic Plate (13)

Belt
Belt (3)
Heavy Belt (4)

Boots
Chain Boots (3)
Light Plated Boots (4)

Gloves
Chain Gloves (3)
Gauntlets (5)

Shields
Small Shield (2)
Spiked Shield (5)

Paladin Shields
Rondache (2)
Aerin Shield (4)

Fortunately the early levels just require a bit of persistence. Playing Normal and likely Nightmare at players 8, going single pass, full clears (OK, probably not 100% of everything but in the very high 90's anyway)

I started with placing a couple points in prayer and resist fire as the initial levels got under way. These help surprisingly well in the early game.
I did make 1 small error in gearing, for some reason thinking Light belt, rather than belt as a class...so for a level or 2 I had a non magical light belt equipped for the potion slots. It wasn't until I went to Gheed and gambled a bit that I saw "Belt" and was like...oops..so gambled a replacement proper gear right away.

Mostly for gearing I have had to rely on Charsi and Gheed letting the shop mechanics work in my favor as most of the gear I can wear simply doesn't drop. Using that start short sword all the way into the catacombs, only getting the ability to gamble for a Giant Sword just shortly before taking on Andariel. I had hit level 17 by the Outer Cloister way point (Char sheet below) and until 18 (which happened soon after) had no access to extra damage in useable skills. It was a bit of a slog for sure.

Even though completely random wouldn't allow me a merc until act V, I did use the rogue merc reward and decided I would until she passed. This helped quite a bit on the damage front and made progress at least bearable through the rest of Act 1. Sadly I was never good at keeping them alive and this proved similar as Andy's poison quickly laid the poor girl to rest.

Anyway, here are a few combined shots of the journey so far.
Act 1:
Set and Unique finds (none usable of course)
Torch of Iro, Arctic Furs, Hsarus Iron Fist, Arctic Binding, Deaths Hand
NormAct1_SU_Finds.jpg

Notable encounters - that Blood lord (vampire/whatever they're called at this stage) battle was LONG, he was stone skin and kept healing. Hit town a couple of times for more potions...fortunately I at least had access to Vengeance at this point, just a very small mana pool for such a mana intensive skill.
NormAct1_NotableUniqueMonsters.jpg

Usable gear acquired...The amulet was the first rare drop I could use (shout out to Rakinishu ;) ), the Rondache was my Charsi imbue quest reward. The other gear had to be bought or gambled since it just doesn't drop this early in the game.
NormAct1UseableGear.jpg

And wrapping up Act 1 - Andariel's Demise
NormAct1Finish.jpg

Started in to act 2...a lone man, wandering the desert. Now mercless and a long stretch of solitude before me, I set out. Level 21 and at least a couple trusty points in Vengeance now to help on the damage front. Also was able to visit Drognan for a cheap Grand Scepter to get single hand damage near that of the Giant Sword, allowing me to keep my resists in a bit better shape. Here is a combined shot of the notable progress so far. No S/U drops in Act 2.....yet!

Act 2 Progress Shots
NormAct2StartingMoments.jpg

Probably the closest point to death was in Coldworms burrow, his poison is not for ignoring ;)

And now Smurf is set for the palace life! Sitting at level 25 with a solid vengeance skill, a bit of MPK and meditation has eased the blue pot addiction slightly.
Looking forward to picking up conviction at some point but need to keep working on mana management gear to make the progress smooth.

Congrats @Norcim Sorry for the delay, really been so busy lately haven't logged into the forums often, hoping a bit of a cooldown in the next week or two.

And so it came to pass.....

So I took quickly to palace life but decided there was more to life than such a posh existence. Especially when finding the unique mystic Arcane Santuary.

Cleared all the paths and moved on to clearing the false tombs. Some of the friends met along the way here:
NormAct2PalaceTombs.jpg

And then, got too cocky, didn't go back to town for more pots when I should have, and took a couple steps too far at once....suddenly surrounded, and I am pretty sure in more skilled hands an escape could be made, in my hands with a slight panic setting in, I tried to portal out only to have the portal unreachable and the nearest mobs to be more or less hard to see behind it....and well...
NormalAct2Deeds.jpg

It was a nice roll for a character for the tournament and I am sure in more careful hands than mine, a guardian could easily have emerged...alas, take the challenge and fun for what is was and time to move on to the next thing.

I will likely start a guardian sept with less restrictive rules and multiple runs allowed. Take my time and see what happens...I am probably one of the few players still playing out here with 0 guardians to my name. Time to fix that!

Thanks for reading along!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High