Random Tournament 2022!

Norman, the random Paladin, gets very little playtime as expected. He just killed Andariel at level 17 and used Holy Bolt without any problems throughout Act 1. I am planning to apply his restrictions to the Merc as well.

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: AntiRush
RIP Random_Pala.
01_Deeds.jpg
He died at Jail level 2 to extra fast bosspack which onehitted his merc and surrounded him. Level 73.

I realize now that he was totally undergeared to Hell. Well that was my first HC dude which I actually played a little =)

I'd like to try a Sorc with a sword and staff. Anyone please?

Is it ok if I go back to that Paladin roll (which has potential) when I fail miserably with the Sorc?

m4ke

Is it ok if I go back to that Paladin roll (which has potential) when I fail miserably with the Sorc?
Got you covered! Here is your random Sorceress:

Skills (2, 11, 13, 19, 22, 23, 25, 27, 28) -
Cold: Frozen Armor
Fire: Fire Bolt, Inferno, Fire Mastery
Lightning: Static Field, Telekinesis, Lightning, Teleport, Thunder Storm

Weapons -
Sword (12) - Bastard Sword
Staff (1) - Short Staff
(4) Scepters (3) - War Scepter
(7) Spears (1) - Spear
(12) Crossbows (4) - Repeating Crossbow
Orbs (1, 3) - Eagle Orb, Smoked Sphere
Armors (6, 10, 12) - Scale Mail, Light Plate, Plate Mail
Helms (7, 8) - Crown, Bone Helm
Sheilds (3, 5) - Large Shield, Spiked Shield
Gloves (3, 4) - Chain Gloves, Light Gauntlets
Boots (2, 5) - Heavy Boots, Greaves
Belts (1, 2) - Sash, Light Belt

The skills are a bit of a mixed bag. You should have a fairly strong Thunder Storm, though it would have been nice to Lightning Mastery as well. In any case, good luck!

As for your second question, @Vang might have to make a ruling on that. I think replays are allowed in the rules...

RIP Random_Pala.
View attachment 83770
He died at Jail level 2 to extra fast bosspack which onehitted his merc and surrounded him. Level 73.

I realize now that he was totally undergeared to Hell. Well that was my first HC dude which I actually played a little =)

m4ke
Oof, good run. That can definitely be a dangerous area. Time for the sorc to make it further :).

@m4ke you work fast!

My random Pally, hiepsi, got off to a quick start last week, but the pace slowed in recent days as I dusted off my SC characters for some fooling around farming Keys.

hiepsi (name comes from Vietnamese 'hiệp sĩ' which literally means knight) has thus far pumped all of his points into Holy Fire, and it is proving rather effective in Normal as expected. I started with a Club, moved on to a socketed club with whatever gems plugged in that I found along the way. In Act II, he was able to get his first meaningful upgrade: A Grand Scepter (3os, loaded up with rubies for more fire damage). I am at level 22 and ready to roll into the Arcane Sanctuary.

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               ----
   Yes m4ke              Random_Pala          Pal     70      44       Hell Rogue Encampment    10
   Yes gregth            The Reckless         Nec     56      64       NM River Of Flame        8
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     60      59       NM Kurast Docks          8
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     60     121       NM Kurast Docks          8
   Yes Dazliare          Kaltrexia            Sor     32     113       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes Nona              Sister_Ariel         Sor     ??     153       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes PhineasB          Randi                Ass     29     104       Lut Gholein              2
SP Yes Oblivious         Meninore             Ama     20      13       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes little birdy      hiepsi               Pal      22    208       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   No  Arjan             ???                  Bar     17      34       Outer Cloister           0
   Yes djmbbandie        Kat                  Ass     16      80       Black Marsh              0
SP Yes Miron             Quan Chi             Nec      1      30       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes coju              ???                  Bar      1       5       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Irenicus          Norman               Pal      1      38       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vildecor          ???                  Pal      1      77       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes AntiRush          ???                  Nec      1     169       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes djmbbandie        ???                  Dru      1     185       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Jcakes            ???                  Ass      1     195       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vang              ???                  Sor      1     199       Rogue Encampment         0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our departed                                                           Died against/in
   Yes AntiRush          RandomI              Ass     61       9       Hell Flayer Jungle       12
   Yes little birdy      lenna                Sor     24      59       Normal Diablo            3
   Yes Vang              Terror               Nec     ??      17       NM Arcane Sacntuary      6
   Yes little birdy      lennatwo             Sor     19      59       Jungle Act III           2
   Yes djmbbandie        Grim                 Nec     20     157       Catacombs                0
   Yes Arc1212           Random               Ama     27      81       Act V                    4
   Yes Arc1212           Bones                Nec     14     161       Act I Barracks           0
SP Yes Jcakes            Hephaestus           Pal     48+     18       NM Cold Crow             6
   Yes Vang              RagerX               Bar     ??     141       The Ancient's Way        4
   Yes little birdy      artemia              Ama     50     146       NM Durance of Hate       7
   Yes Arc1212           Crash                Bar     32     177       Baal's Throne Room       4

Reactions: Norcim
Ouch, @m4ke! Sorry about the deeds! I don't know about your gear, but as mentioned before, your level seems quite low for Hell. Good luck with your sorceress, although she seems a bit underpowered synergy-wise. And as far as I understand the rules, it is perfectly fine to come back to your Paladin roll later!

Meanwhile, Medea made her way to the NM River of Flame. There were dangerous encounters all along the way, and I often forgot I could fall back to Mind Blast, but still Medea was able to make her way safely to Mephisto. Some of the boss packs from the journey:

NM Act III (1).jpgNM Act III (3).jpgNM Act III (4).jpgNM Act III (5).jpgNM Act III (15).jpg

Some nice finds from Medea's journey:

NM Act III (2).jpgNM Act III (7).jpgNM Act III (10).jpgNM Act III (16).jpg

The fight against Mephisto was easy. I loaded up on Antidote potions, and kept dropping Meteors on him while my merc kept poking at him. The LL from Bartuc's Cut-Throat is actually noticeable, which quite surprised me. Overall I am glad I chose Bartuc's over the rare Blade Talons, even if it is slower - but that way I can more easily build up the charge number I like.

Mephisto's drop was disappointing, even with over 300% MF:
NM Act III (18).jpg

Destroyer Medea, level 64 Phoenix Striker, with her HF merc, NM Pandaemonium Fortress next

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     64     121       NM Panda Fortress        9
   Yes gregth            The Reckless         Nec     56      64       NM River Of Flame        8
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     60      59       NM Kurast Docks          8
   Yes Dazliare          Kaltrexia            Sor     32     113       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes Nona              Sister_Ariel         Sor     ??     153       Panda Fortress           3
   Yes PhineasB          Randi                Ass     29     104       Kurast Docks             2
SP Yes Oblivious         Meninore             Ama     20      13       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes little birdy      hiepsi               Pal     22     208       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Irenicus          Norman               Pal     17      38       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes m4ke              Random_Sorc          Sor     17     223       Lut Gholein              1
   No  Arjan             ???                  Bar     17      34       Outer Cloister           0
   Yes djmbbandie        Kat                  Ass     16      80       Black Marsh              0
SP Yes Miron             Quan Chi             Nec      1      30       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes coju              ???                  Bar      1       5       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vildecor          ???                  Pal      1      77       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes AntiRush          ???                  Nec      1     169       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes djmbbandie        ???                  Dru      1     185       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Jcakes            ???                  Ass      1     195       Rogue Encampment         0
   Yes Vang              ???                  Sor      1     199       Rogue Encampment         0

Our departed                                                           Died against/in
   Yes AntiRush          RandomI              Ass     61       9       Hell Flayer Jungle      12
   Yes little birdy      lenna                Sor     24      59       Normal Diablo            3
   Yes Vang              Terror               Nec     ??      17       NM Arcane Sacntuary      6
   Yes little birdy      lennatwo             Sor     19      59       Jungle Act III           2
   Yes djmbbandie        Grim                 Nec     20     157       Catacombs                0
   Yes Arc1212           Random               Ama     27      81       Act V                    4
   Yes Arc1212           Bones                Nec     14     161       Act I Barracks           0
SP Yes Jcakes            Hephaestus           Pal     48+     18       NM Cold Crow             6
   Yes Vang              RagerX               Bar     ??     141       The Ancient's Way        4
   Yes little birdy      artemia              Ama     50     146       NM Durance of Hate       7
   Yes Arc1212           Crash                Bar     32     177       Baal's Throne Room       4
   Yes m4ke              Random_Pala          Pal     73      44       Hell Jail Level 2       10

EDIT: I don't know the mechanics, but this is the first time an untwinked SP character of mine is level 64 instead of 63 when entering NM Panda Fortress. Some years back, jiansonz also said that every tournament character of his so far played SP @p8 had been level 63 at the end of Act III NM. Sure, I had some good XP shrines on my way (3 alone in Act III, one of them I could use for 4 boss packs!!!), but maybe something else changed with D2R? Or maybe just a statistical outlier?🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Did someone delete me out the table? I may even pick this up again.

Random_Sorc entered Harrogath alive at level 32.

This Sorc won't go far =) I can beat Normal by spamming static and Emilio doing the killing.

But in NM this is not possible. Thunder Storm does some damage but err. it's Thunder Storm. And Emilio is Emilio =)

I'll be back to my Paladin very soon I guess...

m4ke

• Haha
Reactions: PhineasB
It’s a random tourney, max, so why not transfer that character into this year’s version 🙂

Screenshot018.jpg
Randi completed Normal over the past week without issue. As mentioned, she respec'ed to LS build at the start of A3, resulting in max levels possible for LS, a point in CS, and Shockweb maxed as the first LS synergy. LS was workable, although mana was a challenge.

Notable drops in A3 were Angelic Armor, which is equip-able and paired with an Angelic Ring that had dropped, and then Angelic Sword from Meph, which was not equip-able. Without a second ring it really wouldn't be worth it with 24MF amulet, 15 MF ring, and MF armor options, so the fact that two set amulets have since dropped that weren't Angelic wasn't too much of a bummer.

As LS gained in damage relative to mana cost, it slowly become powerful, with A4 being much more comfortable. HF was a great single-pass drop for Normal (allowing 2 pTopaz'es in a mechanics crown with energy that we'd shopped), and we picked up our first Sol in the Plains. I dropped to p1 for Diablo, most keeping on the perimeter with LS, although Kasim couldn't help himself and got fried right before Diablo dropped (and provided nothing of use):
Screenshot008.jpg
Screenshot009.jpg
LS really came into its own in A5, with a Shael dropping in the Plains that became a Rhyme after in a small shield shopped back in A1 when we took a muling break after rescuing Anya:
Screenshot014.jpg
There was a Sigon's belt, Iratha's belt and gloves, Eye of Etlich, and a few non-usable S/Us that dropped throughout A5, including her third unique Scythe. And really no challenges at all through waves and Baal (who seemingly decided Randi needed two more Angelic Armors :rolleyes:):
Screenshot017.jpg
Nothing of note dropped from Cows, and we're still waiting on a 4os or socketable Exceptional polearm. LS is quite strong, with the main limitation from mana but Insight should make her quite powerful through NM, likely meriting dropping her +1 trap skills claw in favor of IAS claw as the faster trap laying will benefit relative to the +skill with limitless mana. MF is at 205 for A1 NM, waiting for a 3os Light Plate or Mage Plate to replace 3 chipped topaz Ring Mail that hasn't been upgraded yet (only the third pTopaz built so far, with a flawless and two plain, so terrible topaz luck).

I'm going to take a break from Randi during the week in hopes of finishing up at least one of my twinked characters sitting in A1 Hell, so likely no further progress until the weekend.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     64     121       NM Panda Fortress        9
SP No  PhineasB          Randi                Ass     49     104       NM Rogue Encampment      6
   Yes little birdy      hiepsi               Pal     22     208       Arcane Sanctuary         1
   Yes Irenicus          Norman               Pal     17      38       Lut Gholein              1
   Yes m4ke              Random_Sorc          Sor     17     223       Lut Gholein              1

Yes AntiRush          RandomI              Ass     61       9       Hell Flayer Jungle      12
   Yes m4ke              Random_Pala          Pal     73      44       Hell Jail Level 2       10

Sorrow and Leharas had a pretty uneventful journey through the jungles. I didn't even take any notes until we encountered our first CI/FI in the form of Witch Doctor Endugu. Fortunately, he has pretty low life and Leharas made short work of him; I wasn't even able to grab a screenshot before he was down. I'm not looking forward to these types of battles in Hell when we can't rely on Static Field to take away half the life. We picked up our first 3 socket armor in the Kurast Bazaar, a superior Russet Armor. I forgot that was the exceptional version of splint mail, so here's hoping for a unique one to drop! We'll hold onto this one as a candidate for Lionheart or Treachery later if we find the runes. So far we haven't seen anything higher than a single Io rune drop.

I was really thankful to have some blocking available when we hit a stair trap with a cursed snake pack in the Forgotten Temple. We took a few hits right away but blocked some as well, which let us get off a blizzard and then hop back up the stairs. The one blizzard took a few of the minions down, so when we went back down the stairs it was much calmer and Leharas could face off with the boss.

Mephisto was really easy (per usual with a Blizzard sorc) and didn't give us anything helpful.
Screenshot013.png

@Grisu, to add to your thoughts Sorrow also finished Act 3 at level 64.5. I don't recall finding any Exp shrines in Act III either.

We found our second skiller of the playthrough in the Plains of Despair, this time a Pally Defensive Aura one. Combined with the Necro curse one from earlier we are gathering up arguably the least useful of all the skillers...Sorrow hit level 65 with the kill of Izual, so it was kind of cool to get to assign 3 skill points at the same time.
Screenshot014.png

We found our first good mid rune in the Plains of Despair with a Lem, so Treachery is now on the table for the merc. He's currently using a 3 socket Russet Armor with PTopazes that I made for Sorrow without paying attention to the fact that she's ~20 stat points short on Str... Leharas is using it for now.
Screenshot015.png

Maybe the extra MF paid off, as we picked up a Skull Collector shortly after that. It replaced the TP charge War Staff for now and is currently our primary weapon.
Screenshot016.png

I've been gambling Belts and Light Plated Boots every time I maxed out on gold in the stash with basically nothing to show for it. I've been hoping for Aldurs/War Travs but that's probably asking too much. Finally got a decent rare Belt from Jamella right before entering the River of Flame, which we immediately upgraded and equipped.
Screenshot017.png

The battle with Hephaesto was simple, just cast Blizzard and Meteor until he dropped; no potions needed for Leharas or Sorrow. Hellforge dropped another Lem.
Screenshot019.png

I had picked up a magic ring with +14 strength earlier in the RoF so I decided to re-gear a bit once we got the WP. Leharas got a brand new Treachery in the superior Russet Armor, and the strength ring replaced a plain 17MF magic ring. With the 5 points from hitting level 66 and +3 str from bringing in a few charms I had muled off Sorrow was able to get up to 97 strength and could equip the 72MF Russet Armor.
Screenshot020.png

With those changes in place, we were ready to go tackle Big D. CS was pretty easy, but Leharas did bite it once against De Seis. I didn't bother resurrecting him and Sorrow took him down by herself without any other issues. Basically the exact same thing happened against Diablo, but Leharas managed to live until Big D had about half life left. I stayed on the Rhyme switch during the fight for the extra resistance and switched to the Skull Collector for the extra MF for the final blow. We did not receive anything useable from the drop.
Screenshot021.png

And with that, Sorrow is level 67 and is resting up in Harrogath before attempting to complete NM.

Keep up the nice progress everyone!

Code:
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     67      59       NM Harrogath            10
SP No  PhineasB          Randi                Ass     49     104       NM Rogue Encampment      6

A sorceress...
HEY ALL!!!
with sword and staff...
Looks like I will roll Babyhell a Shout Barbarian...brb!

@Babyhell's Shout Barbarian Sorceress:

Skills:
Cold Skills:
(1) Ice Bolt
(9) Frozen Orb
(10) Cold Mastery

Fire Skills:
(15) Fire Ball
(20) Hydra

Lightning Skills:
(22) Static Field
(24) Nova
(28) Thunder Storm
(29) Energy Shield

Equipment:
Weapons:

(Staff - 4): Battle Staff
(Swords - 7): Long Sword
(1-Swords - 10): Claymore
(3-Bows - 4): Composite Bow
(8-Javelin - 3): Short Spear

Orbs:
(2) Sacred Globe
(4) Clasped Orb

Body Armor:
(4) Studded Leather Armor
(13) Gothic Plate
(15) Ancient Armor

Helmets:
(5) Great Helm
(7) Crown

Shields:
(3) Large Shield
(8) Gothic Shield

Belts:
(2) Light Belt
(3) Belt

Gloves:
(1) Leather Gloves
(4) Light Gauntlets

Boots:

(1) Boots
(4) Light Plated Boots

Actually some pretty nice rolls, if I might say! Sure, Fire Mastery would have been a blast, but FO+CM+ Static Field should carry you a long way. Even Ice Bolt for early gameplay (and as synergy for FO!!!)

Even the item rolls are good: Long Sword for Spirit, Light Gauntlets if you find Magefist, Leather Gloves and Boots for early MF...Gothic Plate and Great Helm for those max socets (PTopazes!)...good luck and have fun! :)

Last edited:
And Medea takes the lead again! 🥳
NM Act V (34).jpg

@Norcim: Thanks for the confirmation on the XP. Strange, I wonder what Blizzard did so that those level milestones changed...Well, one thing I know: You now get XP for Gremlins killed while they are at an Barricade Tower in Act V. Maybe they made some other changes as well? XP bugs we didn't know about in D2L and which they fixed? Also, great progress from you! (y)

Anyways, Medea finally hit level 68 and was able to shop a Jeweler's Full Plate Mail (of nothing). Odds are 1:240 and are abysmal for any suffix at all (1:960). I'd rather spend those hours on farming my SoJ with my UT99 sorceress than buying a Jeweller's Full Plate Mail of the Ages... 🤣
NM Act V (2).jpg

By the way, if you ever wondered what happened to those poor Barbarians that reach the end of the Arreat Plateau - they are doomed to eternally trying to climg the cliffs and will die of hunger neither being able to enter the Crystalline Passage nor to climb the cliffs...poor souls 😢

NM Act V (6).jpg

I had some "interesting" (i.e. dangerous) fights on my way to Baal, among those a MSLE Bone Mage in the Pit of Archeron...
NM Act V (8).jpg

...cursed Frenzytaurs...

NM Act V (25).jpg

... or a Conviction Bartuc...

NM Act V (30).jpg

(don't do that:)

NM Act V (29).jpg

For the Ancients, I did some prepping ("fighting gear", see below; Combat Shrine) and they spawned with mods I could live with:
NM Act V (20).jpgNM Act V (21).jpgNM Act V (22).jpgNM Act V (23).jpgNM Act V (24).jpg

The fight against Baal himself wasn't too bad - for the most part of the fight I switched to my "fighting gear" (Darkglow, multiple res boots, res rings, Nokozan Relic) for 90% Fire Resist, 80% Lightning and Cold and tons of FHR). My merc kept dying like there was no tomorrow (8 ressurections??) but I was safe as a babe in her mother's arms. He finally succumbed to my Meteor charges:

Double Cleglaw trouble!
NM Act V (33).jpg

I tried to upgrade my Jeweller's Full Plate Mail of nothingness with every town trip (and I do lots of town trips to sell items...I have over 15,000,000 gold stashed...), but the game only teased me with this Artisan's Plate Mail of the Whale:
NM Act V (13).jpg

I had some nice drops on my way, but most of them of no use to Medea herself. Here's a selection of the finds:
NM Act V (1).jpgNM Act V (4).jpgNM Act V (7).jpgNM Act V (9).jpgNM Act V (12).jpg
NM Act V (17).jpgNM Act V (18).jpgNM Act V (27).jpgNM Act V (28).jpg

Conqueror Medea, the Phoenix Striker, level 75, Hell Blood Moor next.

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     75     121       Hell Rogue Camp         12
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     67      59       NM Harrogath            10
   Yes Babyhell          ???                  Sor      1     237       Rogue Encampment         0

Thanks @Grisu, it's a sexy shout Barbarian!

I think I can still make her shout... let's go :p

LOJ22Rv.gif

yeah that's more freaky than sexy, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Grisu
Congrats on the Conqueror @Grisu! Your progress is keeping me motivated to try to keep pace with Medea.

I had another good run of barbs in the Bloody Foothills. They don't kill anything but with 6 of them around they do soak up a ton of damage. The Frigid Highlands were tough; we rolled slingers and burning dead archers. They all can hit from distance, there are piercing attacks, and lots of times they just stand still the whole time which means that blizzards can totally miss them.

We found a Lum rune from the sparkly chest in the Pit of Archeron. For some reason I've always had good rune luck from the chests in here and in the Infernal Pit.
Screenshot014.png

We found a String of Ears in the Frozen River. Probably our best unique of the play-through so far, but it can't be used. I got excited when I saw Anya's reward, only to check and realize that Sorrow can't use Crystalline Globes...
Screenshot017.png

We found a 19 life small charm in the Halls of Pain, then a 15 life one in the Hals of Vaught. Sorrow is still pretty low on life (~700) so these type of charms makes a big difference. I was able to namelock Nihl from far away and just cast meteors on him until he dropped, which didn't take very long. Sorrow didn't get hit by any CEs, so it was a really easy fight.

The small charm drop parade continued in the Drifter Cavern with a 3res/5FHR small charm:
Screenshot018.png

I had two NDE scares in the Ancient Tunnels. The first one I was cursed with Amp but decided to just keep playing rather than return to town to remove it. I caught two charges from reanimated dead, and since I'm using the Skull Collector I didn't have any block. I slammed a full rejuv and was able to run away, but if I had got hit with a third or one of them had rolled critical that likely would have been it for Sorrow. I went back to town with 70HP left. That was just sloppy play and I would have been quite upset if that's how I died because it is so easily preventable. Fortunately we survived, and it was a good reminder not to run around cursed with low life and no block. The second occurred after I had cleared the Drifter Cavern and was running back through tunnels I had cleared before while not paying attention, even though I knew there were reanimated dead around and that they like to reanimate... All of a sudden my life had dropped and I had to panic mash the potion keys while trying to figure out what was going on. Once again Sorrow escaped, but I had to pause the game and go do other things for a while since I was clearly not paying enough attention at that point.

When we came back we quickly found a Fal rune from a random reanimated dead in the Ancient Tunnels (full clears finally paying off!), so we now have the runes to make Lionheart if we want.
Screenshot019.png

I was hoping this would be a possibility because it's one of my all-time favorite runewords! Str is really helpful for the armor and boot rolls I got, especially with the -req included in the runeword. It should let me keep str at a good level but without having to actually invest all that much into it. The only bummer was that I had not muled in my spare 3 socket Russet Armor when I was last taking a break so I can't make it to use before the Ancients fight.

I swapped out all the pure MF gear for the Ancients fight with things for more life and resistance. The Rhyme and rare Smoked Sphere came back instead of the Skull Collector. I had shopped an Ancient Armor of the Whale at some point in Act 5 for this occasion, and the plus 98 life from that as well as equipping Bloodfist gloves was a huge boost. I also equipped a +3 cold skills +12PDR amulet that I'm pretty excited about using for Hell. It's definitely the best amulet I have stashed right now, even though I've been cubing all the magic rings and amulets that have dropped. Stats before hitting the alter:
Screenshot020.png

After all that prep the Ancients went down fast and easy. Korlic was annoying since he had Holy Freeze and kept coming after Sorrow. I was too slow to really be able to run away to separate the ancients, but the TP charges let us do that. I didn't even see Talic the whole fight. I was running around casting Blizzards on Korlic and Madawc and apparently Talic died unseen at some point. The whole fight lasted probably 20 seconds and I didn't even have time to try to grab a screenshot. It took way more time to swap the gear for the fight and go back to MF than it did to fight.

WSK1 had cold immune Amp casting witches, which so far are my least favorite enemy to fight with Sorrow. They move around quite a bit which makes Meteor harder to use, and they pack a punch when in groups which gives Leharas trouble. WSK had souls, but no boss packs so they weren't too bad. They're very susceptible to Meteor and we can cast it while out of their range so we didn't have any issues.

If this wasn't single pass I would have loved to stay in NM and run Baal for a while. Check out the maps we got for WSK2 and WSK3. As long as teleport is available, I'm not sure you could really roll better
Screenshot021.png
Screenshot022.png

The throne level had amp witches and souls, so Sorrow spent the whole level running around like a mad woman casting Metors everywhere and trying not to get hit from afar. It worked ok, just took a while to clear the level. The waves ended up being easier than clearing the throne. Even Lister wasn't any trouble. Leharas only needed one healing potion and we didn't even get pushed out of the throne room.
Screenshot023.png

Baal took a bit but wasn't dangerous. He dropped nothing of use. And we're now a Conqueror!
Screenshot024.png

Sorrow then took a spin through the Cows but didn't pick up anything directly useful. I was really hoping to pick up Tal's Mask in NM. Its just such a perfect tournament helm and we can actually use it too, so figures it didn't drop. I also wanted to see a Vamp Gaze but that was always pretty unlikely.

Sorrow is at level 75 and will go through some extensive re-gearing before starting Hell. Hoping to keep MF at a decent level so we can try to get some nice drops once we do venture back out.

Good luck to everyone still playing, and all the new entrants!

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Medea                Ass     75     121       Hell Rogue Camp         12
SP Yes Norcim            Sorrow               Sor     75      59       Hell Rogue Camp         12
   Yes Babyhell          ???                  Sor      1     237       Rogue Encampment         0

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High