Question Outdated Diablo 2 Lod original (not d2r) Software...?

Xzz

Apr 28, 2012
Just wondering does anyone here who has Windows 11 computer have issue when installing d2 lod original (not d2r)? Almost like all of the new computers coming out around now are Windows 11 so is the d2 software outdated for Windows 11 or is it still able to run on it? I am afraid in the future any versions of computer able to run D2 all becomes permanently obsolete hence no more D2 original as well...?

This post is pretty old, but I found it and it has no replies...

Are you trying to install from the CDROM or from a bnet download? I probably won't have an answer to your question, but that might clarify things.

Yes tysm for the reply. I am installing using the CDROM. Or is it better idea to install from bnet download...?

When I had to reinstall, I did it from the download. Couldn't get it to go from the CD.

Hello, it works on windows 11.

I had to download from battle.net, because I don't have a CD reader on my new computer :LOL:

I was also going to mention downloading from B.net. I have a new comp with Windows 11. All of my downloads are from B.net.

Tyvm. I took the advice and it's working well. I actually have like 2 sets of CDROM keys, one set is broken because something got truncated from it when computer was fixing itself from freeze after force restart and when telling to insert expansion disk it keeps not detecting expansion disk and even after clicking on “ok” it still keeps saying insert expansion disk even when disk is in the CDROM reader and it took like 4 hours by keep clicking “ok” to bypass the error...

Last edited:
Tyvm. I took the advice and it's working well. I actually have like 2 sets of CDROM keys, one set is broken because something got truncated from it when computer was fixing itself from freeze after force restart and when telling to insert expansion disk it keeps not detecting expansion disk and even after clicking on “ok” it still keeps saying insert expansion disk even when disk is in the CDROM reader and it took like 4 hours by keep clicking “ok” to bypass the error...
sounds like what happened to me,on a few occasions with a few CD ROM games,most likely,the problem is either a big scratch or crack in the CD.....

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High