Finding the Balance #3 (MF & RF Tournament)

ffs said:
Finding the Balance
Found it in a stack of cards
Balance2.jpg
Well, looks like I have to finally farm the SoJ with my UT99er Blizzard sorceress at NM Andy to get into the tournament with a shiny Annihilus :)

Please state your forum name to sign up:
--------------------------------
ffs
m4ke
Excalibur
BBS_Agonistes
LouB
Jpy
Arparrabiosa
Kruemelmonschda
maxicek
D2DC
Swamigoon
PhineasB
gregth
Grisu

Last edited:
So, I started dying a couple of times. I blame @LouB on that (and Durf, as tradition dictates). Then I had some stupid luck. Exactly how I planned to win you all, guys: by sheer luck and stupidity.

This non-qualifier resumes my progress in this first moments of the tournament:

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xce9173d1
Item Level: 80
Version: Resurrected
Unidentified
All Resistances +4

I feel like my best chance of doing well in the comp would probably be an A85 area, but I was running Cows as it was and have tired of Pindle and just want something easy, so Cows it is...

A little non-qualifier from tonight's play.

Screenshot312 Cropped (1).png

A little more than three hours has taken my untwinked 99er Sorc to 96:
Screenshot005.jpg
She also picked up this solid non-qualifier:
Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xf525fd51
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to Dexterity
All Resistances +5
We are rerolling maps after switching to Normal Defensive merc, and planning to keep with her to 10 hours.

Nice!

I started running with GF Trav Sorc in 1.14 and will stick with her for a 20h set. Let’s see how many runes she can get. :) Afterwards if there is time I might go for another 20h set in D2R with some Pit runner.

My efforts so far are 500 NM Andy runs as a preparation for my MF batch to FINALLY FIND THAT SOJ!! 🤬 almost 1500 runs so far and still no SOJ... Wanted to get one for the Annihilus and the XP boost for the run to 99...knowing me and my luck, I will get that SoJ the hour before this tournament ends 😅

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Those were used in LLD whirlwind barbs back in the day, right? I'm not much into PvP. Perhaps it's useful as a twinking weapon.

jUrmJsU.png

Also, this non-qualifier is dedicated to @gregth and @little birdy

ApSrOLs.png

Last edited:
2 hours in Countess as it’s the only thing I can realistically run at the moment. Just got in Hell before tournament started, sitting at 77 with some….risky equipment. I have a few hours this morning, let’s see if I can avoid a RIP and secure some assets.

2 hours in Countess as it’s the only thing I can realistically run at the moment. Just got in Hell before tournament started, sitting at 77 with some….risky equipment. I have a few hours this morning, let’s see if I can avoid a RIP and secure some assets.
If you can run the Countess, you can probably handle Mausoleum or Stoney Tomb too. They are not as populated as other popular area 85, but they are easier, and the potential of a fantastic drop are there.

@Arparrabiosa for sure but I’m focusing more on runes right now (otherwise I’d still be spamming the unfruitful NM Mephisto) and compared to NM, Hell Countess is an insane step up for mid rune efficiency. LK is a good idea but I’ll get runes for Harmony/Treachery before then.

Late sign-up, hope that's okay.

Please state your forum name to sign up:
ffs
m4ke
Excalibur
BBS_Agonistes
LouB
Jpy
Arparrabiosa
Kruemelmonschda
maxicek
D2DC
Swamigoon
PhineasB
gregth
Grisu
Nano

Is it allowed to use runes found on this tournament before the end of it? I would like to socket my eth Wirt's leg with the 3 Zods I found in the last 5 minutes.
Sure! Perhaps don't post a Wirt's leg with 3 Zods around here ("no spoilers" rule), but you can put them to use immediately if you want to.

@Nano of course! That goes for everyone obviously, late sign-ups are always welcome, and possible until the tournament ends.

I'm about 2h in. A few qualifiers, but nothing to get excited about.
Running The Pit with my K/T assassin.

I've decided to go with a diverse portfolio. Run LK with my Zealot and run just about everything else with my Wolfbarb. Actually, have only put in an hour, but have found one decent qualifier.

And now that I've switched to D2R I have my first Anninilus charm. Dummy that I am I did it on P8. Diablo went down, but it did take a couple of minutes. It's not perfect, but I think its pretty good.

1670199865368.png

Those were used in LLD whirlwind barbs back in the day, right? I'm not much into PvP. Perhaps it's useful as a twinking weapon.

jUrmJsU.png

Also, this non-qualifier is dedicated to @gregth and @little birdy

ApSrOLs.png
I really hope Those WT will come to me during this tournament ^^
Though I have some decent 25 mf rare boots I'd like to have this nice upgrade from WT

I dedicated 2 hours to the tournament so far, the only noticeable non-qualifier is a 30mf nagel, which is a nice upgrade to the 25mf I used until now
Let's hope this 5% upgrade will make the difference in the long run

6 hours at Countess.
Gonna try to push to LK and try that. I’m done mashing escape against Archers. I’ll find something else to scare the **** out of me.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High