Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

I like to just bake or pan fry them with butter. Serve em up with some pork chops, steak or hamburger patties. Maybe some green beans or a salad to go with it. 😋

Aren't quite ready to be harvested yet though, but it won't be too much longer.

The best grilled cheese I've had was homemade focaccia made with sundried tomatoes, black olives and basil with grated mozzarella and pecorino rommano.

Y’all ever use shredded cheddar? Melted butter in pan, get one side hot. More butter flip. Cheese inside close. Flip. Cheese on hot buttered outside. Rinse repeat.

That crispy cheese on the outside.

I don't use shredded cheese.

You know what its coated with so it doesn't stick in the package, do you @coju ?

Generally cellulose or other plant-based starch. Not dangerous to eat but does inhibit the cheese melting smoothly or emulsifying properly. coju has the right idea, shred your own so you can get that sick forearm pump and look huge in the kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
Generally cellulose or other plant-based starch. Not dangerous to eat but does inhibit the cheese melting smoothly or emulsifying properly. coju has the right idea, shred your own so you can get that sick forearm pump and look huge in the kitchen.
Yeah these triceps are from shredding cheese. Not beating meat. Since I don’t believe in the killing of innocents. /s

I've never liked Cheddar in a grilled cheese, it doesn't seem to melt right. I'm more towards a few slices of American Cheese and maybe tomato with it.

Or in the case of getting creative when the weather cools, you make your tomato soup and grilled cheese, then cut the grilled cheese up into cubes, and then place in a bowl. Pour the soup over it and your good to go.

Sharp cheddar especially, but if I shred it and mix with something else (maybe guac?) I think it could work. Of course, maybe I should use pricey cheddar some other way than melting it.

On the other hand, sharp cheddar might great for an inside-out grilled cheese ala @coju.

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
American cheese isn't the same thing as 'processed cheese food product' aka Kraft Singles, it's apparently an actual cheese that you can get at delis in the US. I've never gotten it myself, but maybe I should. I had an amazing burger in upstate New York a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure that the cheese was 'American cheese.' It melts well and has a mild flavor.

Reactions: Triple Helix
I've never liked Cheddar in a grilled cheese, it doesn't seem to melt right. I'm more towards a few slices of American Cheese and maybe tomato with it.
That’s a melt. Not a grilled cheese.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High