Elden Ring Player plus rework

defmoon

Dec 7, 2022
I have 300 hours in Elden ring, Im 30 or 40 hours into player plus, I just noticed how much harder it is compared to the first play through. I like that Elden ring is hard, it challenges you to get level up and get better.
One of the biggest things that drove my 260 hours on the first play through was to get better, that incentive is not there on player plus. Your peak, I'v already beat some of the hardest bosse's but getting hit 4 or 5 times by some low level npc and dying knowing there is no room to improve my character really removes incentive to keep playing.

I do feel player plus needs reworked, either by extending how much player stats improve the charactor along with improving power of skills and equipment. Or by having control over difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you have hit a wall basically which is kind of the point of NG+ to make it more challenging. I do get what you say about the incentive though but some folk relish the challenge I guess. Whether Fromsoftware revisits this remains to be seen but right now they seem focused more on new content and balance changes.

Sounds like you have hit a wall basically which is kind of the point of NG+ to make it more challenging. I do get what you say about the incentive though but some folk relish the challenge I guess. Whether Fromsoftware revisits this remains to be seen but right now they seem focused more on new content and balance changes.
True, focusing on getting new players and expansions beats a player thats already played 300 hours. And true some players relish challenges, but Im not into games like sakura and dark souls. Since Im already at peak, and cant start over while keeping the same character I really have no incentive to keep playing.

Might be time to move on until we get some proper DLC if you are not playing PvP.

Reactions: defmoon